The Blog Manager is where you would come to Create new Blog posts on your site.
What we'll cover in this Article
Creating a New Blog
Just click on the Create New Blog button to start creating a Blog.
NOTE: Typically, you should only need to create ONE Blog. Within that Blog, you can have multiple posts and even categorize your posts for better organization.
Next, you will enter basic information about your blog (Title/Description etc) and hit save.
Edit Post Page
Once you have completed entering the basic details about your Blog, you will come back into the Blog to continue. On this page, you can
- Edit the details you entered above.
- Edit different categories which can help you better classify your posts and most importantly.
- Create your posts.
To create a new category, simply click on the plus (+) icon. Then just enter the name of your category. The Folder Name is used for the or rewrite URL for the category.
Note: Categories are NOT required
- Title: The title of your post.
- Publish Date: Date you want the post published.
- Featured Image: Image that appears alongside your post. We highly recommend keeping the image sizes you use consistent (similar dimensions).
- Blog Category: Categorize your post by selecting a specific category.
- Allow Comments: Enable this option if you want to allow users to leave comments on your post.
- Message: Detailed information about your post.
The illustration below shows how your posts will be featured on the storefront.
Blog Posts Content Block
You can add the Blog Posts Content Block like shown on the right hand side in the image above, in order to include some navigation options on your Blog page.
For a more detailed description of the functionality of the features found in this section of the admin as well as the definitions for the terminology used, please visit the following link(s):