This article covers the essentials that we would consider necessary and requiring review prior to launching your 7cart site.
NOTE: The following list is not comprehensive! We recommend that you familiarize yourself with all features that are available on your site as well as review the knowledge-base before going live.
General Store Information
- Have you inserted your company's contact/general information?
- Store Email Addresses: Have you setup where you want certain emails to go to?
Setup Payment Methods
- Have you properly configured and tested your payment methods?
Setup Shipping Methods
- Have you setup your shipping methods?
Setup Store Taxes
- Have you added or set any taxes for you store?
Content and Navigation
Setup your Homepage
- Did you add your own banners in?
- Did you change the links in the header and footer?
Create Content Pages
- Did you setup/create any other custom content pages?
Update Contact Us Page
- Does the Contact Us page suit your needs?
- Do you want to add/edit/delete fields to your Contact Us form?
- Have you inserted your company's Shipping Policy?
- Have you inserted your company's Terms and Conditions?
- Have you inserted your company's Return Policy?
- Review the other service pages on to your site.
- Did you add your Categories? Create Products
- Did you add your own Products?
- Did you place your products in Categories?
- Did you make sure your Products are priced properly?
Pricing and Users
- Have you created your pre-existing customers/users?
Manage Price Rules
- Do you have certain users/customers that get special pricing?
Test Full Order Process
Your best determination on whether you are ready to “Go Live” or not is to experience the full order process as a customer and admin.
So, logout and place an order on the storefront as if you were a new customer.
Check everything as you go (product information and costs) and then fulfill the order via the admin panel.
- Place Items in Cart
- Proceed to Checkout
- Attempt to Order with Credit Card
- Review your Receipt
- Go to Admin and Review Order Details
- Process Order to integrated Distributor
- Confirm Receipt of Order with Distributor
- Confirm Tracking Number flows to Order Details Review your Ordered Items and Packaging