Category & Search Layouts
Here we illustrate what a category page can look like and what elements would show up where when editing a category.
Category pages share a very similar layout to the Search Result layout.
Anatomy of the Category Page
- Breadcrumbs: These illustrate where you are on the website.
- Side Column: There are many different elements that can be placed into the side column. The most common are Navigation (drill-down), Search and Banners.
- Category Title: Name of the category currently on.
- Pre-Content Area: An area to show content specifically for the category you are on.
- Banner: The banner of the category.
- Description: The description text of the category.
- Sub Categories: If the category has additional child categories, they can show here.
- Sort Order: Allows the shopper to change the default sort order.
- Pager: Allows the shopper to navigate to additional pages of the category.
- Products: Displays the products that are returned in this particular category.
- Post-Content: An area to show content specifically for the category you are on.