Introduction to Configuration
The config menu allows you to tailor your store to suit the needs of your business. This article will go over the main areas you will need to work on in order to get your store ready to go live, including.
To access the Store Email Addresses section, on the main navigation menu, go to Config > General > Store Email Addresses.
From this screen, you can set your main emails and your "FROM" addresses for email templates.
- Store Email Address: This is your store email address. The main email address for the store where all new order emails and main notifications will go.
- Inventory Low Email Report: When inventory is low on an item, an email will go out to this email address.
- Contact Page Email Recipient: Whenever someone fills out your Contact Us page, the information they fill out will go here.
- Email New Orders To: New orders will additionally go here.
The email addresses that you put in this section will show up as the sender to your customers.
Don't forget to save your changes!
For more detailed information on store email addresses, click here.
Logicblock lets you choose from a number of different payment methods. To access the Payment Methods section, go to Config > Order Settings > Payment Methods from the main navigation menu.
The following forms of payment are available for you to use on your site. To select a payment method, simply click on the box corresponding to the option you would like to use. To edit the payment, click on the Edit icon.
- Credit Card
- Purchase Order
- Gift Certificate
- Paypal Express
- Amazon Pay
- Loyalty Points
- Deferred Payment
- Open POs
For all credit card orders, you must use a Payment Gateway.
Below the payment methods table, you are presented with the following options:
- Allow All Users to Apply Payment After Checkout: For users that have not made immediate payments on orders (PO/Cash), they can log back in at a later time and make a payment via credit card.
- Enable Purchase Order Number On All Payments: Always displays the Purchase Order field on the checkout page.
- Require PO number when Purchase Order is selected: Forces the user to enter a purchase order number if they select PO as a payment method prior to checkout.
- No Payment Needed Description Text: You can use this field to enter text you want displayed when orders do not require payment.
- Maximum PO Number Length: Maximum number of characters you want to accept for the PO number.
- Show Detailed Payment Errors: Provide additional details to the customer when payment fails to go through.
This functionality allows you to choose which payment methods different customers can use. Here is how you can set up payment method filters:
In the admin under People > More > User Groups & Permissions
Create a New Group
Skip the first box, do not assign any permissions to customer groups.
Hit "Save Changes".
Next, we're going to go edit the payment method.
- Go to Config > Order Settings > Payment Methods
- Click EDIT on the payment method you want to limit visibility on.
- Uncheck the box for "Visible to All Users".
Select the Group from the right that you want to make this payment option visible to.
Click the arrow to move it to the left.
It will then appear on the left.
Hit "Save" in the top right.
Saving these changes will now show this payment method only to the customers that you have put into these Groups.
Finally, you can select the user(s) that you want to have access to the payment method by manually editing the user and selecting the appropriate group under their account settings. This can also be done en-masse via spreadsheet.
You can quickly export your users and under the accountrole column header enter the group name (case sensitive). If user has more than one group assigned, separate groups using a semicolon ";". Then send the file to us via a support ticket to be imported onto your site.
We recommend either Authorize.net or PayPal for Business as our preferred payment gateways.
To accept credit card payments online you need a relationship with a payment gateway. A Payment Gateway is a service that authorizes and processes payments for online retailers in real-time. It is the equivalent of a physical POS (Point-of-sale) terminal located in most retail outlets. Payment gateways encrypt sensitive information, such as credit card numbers, to ensure that information passes securely between the customer and the merchant.
Select your Payment Gateway and click "Edit"
For more information on payment gateways, click here.
To access the Shipping Methods page, go to Config > Order Settings > Shipping Methods. On this page, you can create and edit different shipping methods for your store.
To create a new shipping method, select how you would like to base your shipping price by selecting an option from the drop-down menu before your current shipping methods, and click "Add".
For a detailed breakdown of how to use the different types of shipping methods, click here.
Logicblock supports integration with several third-party tax providers. To get to the Taxes page, go to Config > Order Settings > Taxes. As you can see on this page, we recommend Avalara and TaxJar as they work most smoothly with our system's framework.
TaxCloud is a free service that keeps track of taxes all over the country.
If you decide to manage your taxes with TaxCloud spreadsheets, the rates are not updated automatically and must be periodically updated.