This screen allows you to change the order settings on your site.
What we'll cover in this Article
- Cart - This option would only apply if you had a custom cart on your site.
- Default Checkout - The template that your customers will see when they are checking out on the storefront.
- International Checkout - This would be used if you happen to conduct business outside of the United States.
- Order XML Generator - XML Generator
- Automatically Add New Address To Address Book - This option add a new address to the address book when a customer uses a new address.
- Force User To Agree To Site Terms Before Checkout - This option will reflect on the checkout page.
- Force E-mail Address On Anonymous Checkout - This option will reflect on the checkout page
- Attach Anonymous Orders by E-mail - Will attach the order to the appropriate customer if the email address matches a customer in the system.
- Force Login for Registered Users - Users with an active account will be required to login prior to checking out.
- Hide Shipping Address On Non-Shipping Orders - Hides the shipping address on items that are not shipped (e.g. downloadable material).
- Hide Shipping Controls On Non-Shipping Orders - Hides shipping methods at checkout for any non-shipping orders.
- Hide Unshipped/Unpaid For Completed Orders - Hides the unshipped / Unpaid at checkout
- Show and Edit Handling Description - Shows an input for admin users to describe the purpose of the handling fee. E.g. Special freight delivery charges, rush processing, insurance etc.
- Enable Shipping Change on Order Approval - Set whether the shipping gets recalculated when a manager changes an order to approve it.
- Skip Always Require Approval Users in Approval Hierarchy - When enabled, will bypass any order that always requires approval. (They will not receive any notification).
- Leave Approval Message - Lets you leave messages when you approve orders on the storefront.
- Enable Order Source Display - Shows the way that the order was placed, whether through the website (default), purchase order, or telephone.
- Allow Adding Inactive Items via Add New Order - Admin users can add inactive products to an order.
- Order Views Display Notes On Customer - Shows user Private Notes property on New Order page and Order View.
- View Show Order History in Descending Order - With this option checked, allows the user to view orders Newest on top.
- View Order Show Customer's Salesperson - Shows user's salesperson on View Order page.
- Maximum Order Quantity - The highest number of products that that be placed on one order.
- Allow 0 Dollar Orders - This option will allow users to checkout with a $0.00 order total.
- Low Margin Percentage Warning - Displays warning when margin percentage profit threshold is below a certain amount.
- Admin Inventory Policy - The default setting for handling inventory in the admin.
- Last Order Number - Shows the last order number.
- Increment By - Raise the order count by this number for each new order.
- Email New Orders To - Where new orders are emailed.
- Cart Cleanup Last Run - Clears up carts that have been saved on your site
- Cleanup Orders Older Than - Set the amount of days back you want your site to store carts.
- Run Cleanup Every - Set the frequency in days you want your site to run a Cart Cleanup
- Delete Card Data Older than - This is the duration that credit card information is stored on the site. This field cannot be edited.
- Default Date Range - Set up the default date range that you want showing up in the order manager.
- Default Price Mode - Set up the default price mode that you want showing up on the site.
- Show Purchase Order Number in My Account > Order History - Show PO Number on the customer's Order History page (storefront).
Order Modified For Approval Settings
- Send Order Modified For Approval Emails: When an order is awaiting approval and gets modified, an email is sent to the person whose email address you list below.
- Send Order Modified For Approval Email Template: This is the email template that will be used. You will need to create an email template to use on your own.
- Order Modified For Approval Recipient: The email address where the order modification email will be sent.
- Redirect To Shopping Cart After Item Is Added - When enabled, this option redirects you to the shopping cart after you add an item to your cart.
- Merge Identical Cart Items - If two or more of the same item are added to the cart then the quantity is updated instead of having multiple duplicate line items listed.
- Item Added To Cart Text - The text that is displayed when an item is added to the cart.
- Display Up Sells When Adding Item To Cart - Displays up sells (upgrades) when a customer adds an item to the cart.
- Maximum Up Sells Displayed - Number of upsell products displayed.
- Display Cross Sells When Adding Item To Cart - Displays cross sells (accessories/products from other categories) when a customer adds an item to the cart.
- Display Cross Sells In Shopping Cart - Displays cross sells on the shopping cart page.
- Display Line Item Count instead of Total Quantity - Show number of line items in cart instead of total items in cart.
- Allow users to add item comments on cart - Gives users the option to add comments/special instructions on the cart page.
- Maximum Line Item Comment Length - Maximum amount of characters allowed for user cart comments before the rest is truncated.
- Line Item Comments Text - Filler message on cart line item textboxes when customer line item comments are enabled.
- Enable Saved Carts - Saves shopping carts for users that are logged in.
- Show Unit of Measure - Displays the UOM in the shopping cart.
- Show Shipping Icon - Displays the shipping method icon in the shopping cart.
- Product List Redirects to Cart - When enabled will redirect the user to the shopping cart after adding item to cart.
- Budget Codes on Line Items - Displays budget codes on the line items.
- Hide Get Shipping Rates on Cart - Hides the shipping Rates on the shopping cart page.
- Hide Estimated Shipping Rates - Hides this option on the shopping cart page.
Request for Quote
- Enable RFQ - If enabled, users can request a quote from the shopping cart. To learn more about how RFQ's work click here.
- Email Template Id - This is the email template selection that is sent out to the admin that you designate to handle quotes.
- RFQ Email Recipient - This is the person in your organization who will receive the RFQ
Order Status Codes
This section allows you to create a new order status to be used in the order manager.
To change the order of how they appear, use the green arrows on the right hand side of the screen.
Exclude Canceled Orders in Reports: This option will prevent canceled orders from showing up in your Reports.
- Enable Returns - To enable returns on your site, you would come here and click on the checkbox indicated by the arrow.
- Automatically Approve RMA - To automatically approve an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization), select yes.
- Admin New RMA Email Template - The email template that notifies the admin that there is a new RMA.
- Accepted RMA Email Template - The email template that is sent out to notify the customer that an RMA has been accepted.
- Rejected RMA Email Template - The email template that is sent out to notify the customer that an RMA has been rejected.
- Enable Client New RMA Email Template - With this option enabled, system sends a customer an email when they return an item.
- Client new RMA Template - Email the customer receives when they place a return request.
For a full rundown on Returns, Click here.