This article will explain the functionality and features of the Mega Menu.
What we'll cover in this Article
- Root - This section is where you would create a new category/sub-category.
- Save - This section is where you'll save your Mega Menu settings.
- Mega Menu Display Columns - Used to set how many columns you want. Use "Max Level 3 Children" to set the amount of links you want under each sub-category.
- Advanced setup options - This section is used to reset/erase any changes that you've made.
- Text - The name of your category
- Url - The link to your category (example: /Categories/New-Entry.aspx)
- Tooltip - Puts in text for when you mouse over the option in the storefront.
- Open in New Window - Opens up the menu in a new window.
- Pre-Content Column - Inputs Content Area to the left of the menu (used to place ads/logos). For more on adding images to the Pre and Post Content areas, click here.
- Post-Content Column - Inputs Content Area to the right of the menu (used to place ads/logos). For more on adding images to the Pre and Post Content areas, click here.
- CSS Class - For advanced users.
- Mega Menu Display Columns - The number of columns that are displayed under each category.
- Max Level 3 Children - The number of entries that will be displayed under each sub-category.
Adding an Entry
To create a new entry, first select where you want to place it from the Category Menu on the right hand side. In this example, we've clicked on "Root" to add "New Entry". Next, click on "Add Entry" and then fill out the following information:
Editing an Entry
To edit an entry, simply select it from the Category section on the left and make any necessary changes.
Removing an Entry
To remove an entry, simply select it from the Category section on the left and click on the "Remove Entry" button.
Advanced Setup Options
- Clear Menu - Removes entire menu
- Clear Menu and Create from Categories - This will delete the entire current menu and recreate a new one based on your sites category structure.
- Max Category Depth - Limits the number of category levels that are created.
Publish Settings & Advanced Options
For more details on this section see: Content Block Detailed