Adding Video to your site
Adding videos onto your site is as easy as cutting and pasting.
What we'll cover in this Article
Getting your video Embed Code
When you visit a site that hosts videos, such as (but not limited to) YouTube or Vimeo, you are presented with a video box on the page. You can watch the video directly on the page, or the Flash player allows you to view the video full screen, just by clicking a button on the player.
Many of these videos will allow you to "share" these either by email, social media and even embedding the code directly onto your own site.
Embedding allows you to take your video — or someone else's video — and post it on a web page outside of YouTube or Vimeo. For example, you can embed a video on your blog and then people can watch your video there without having to visit Vimeo.
Here are some external help files:
- YouTube: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/171780?hl=en
- Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/help/faq/sharing-videos/embedding-videos#how-do-i-embed-a-video-on-another-site
- Other hosted video providers may have similar "sharing" options to look at.
Placing video's embed code onto your site
On your site, it is as simple as copy & paste.
This can be done in any page with an HTML editor (products, categories, custom pages, content areas, etc.).
- In the HTML editor, switch to HTML view.
- Paste in your iframe embed code.
That's all it takes!
End Result of video embedded on a page
Below is an example of a video posted on a product details page, but remember, you can embed video anywhere there is an HTML editor (which is in a lot of places).