7Cart includes a powerful URL redirect capability.
Under Content and Files> Custom URLs. From the Custom URLs main page, click the
- "Add New Custom URL" button to configure a new URL redirect
- Edit an existing redirect
- The Requested URL would be the old URL, or the URL that is requested by the visitor.
- The Redirected URL is the actual page where the visitor will end up.
- Move Permanently will add the additional code necessary to inform the search engines that the old page no longer exists.
You have the ability to upload multiple custom URLs as a spreadsheet. You can see an example spreadsheet below.
As you can see, you only need three headings, and they correspond to the fields on the edit/add url page:
1. RequestedUrl - This is the url you want to be redirected from
2. RedirectToUrl - This is the url you want the prior to redirect to
3. MovePermanently - Entering TRUE/1 here will check the "Move Permanently" box, FALSE/0 will leave it unchecked.