Place New Order
This article will cover how to create an order in the admin
To place an order in the admin: Orders And Shipping > Place New Order. The following fields will be displayed:
- If user already exists, start typing their name and user will appear
- If user does not exist, create a new user
- You can use this box to assign the order to a salesperson.
Here you can enter shipping and billing information for the order. Using the checkbox at the bottom you can save the entered address as the default shipping or billing address.
For an existing customer who has multiple ship to addresses, you will have the option to choose an address from their address book. This option will need to be enabled in the admin under: Config > User Forms And Settings > Address Options: Show Address Book on Place New Order Page.
Once enabled, after you select the user, a Toggle Address Book button shows up between the user and the addresses. If you click on it, it will bring up the address book as shown in the image above.
- Select the shipping method.
- Add promo codes.
- What Payment Method to use
- Any special customer instructions.
- Shows order history. You can also use this area to to add public or private notes to the order or cart.
The order total window is on the right hand side of the screen and is where the "Place Order" button is located.
For a more detailed description of the functionality of the features found in this section of the admin as well as the definitions for the terminology used, please visit the following link(s):