This screen allows you to change the order settings on your site.
What we'll cover in this Article
- Cart - This option would only apply if you had a custom cart on your site.
- Default Checkout - The template that your customers will see when they are checking out on the storefront.
- International Checkout - This would be used if you happen to conduct business outside of the United States.
- Order XML Generator - XML Generator
- Automatically Add New Address To Address Book - This option add a new address to the address book when a customer uses a new address.
- Force User To Agree To Site Terms Before Checkout - This option will reflect on the checkout page.
- Force E-mail Address On Anonymous Checkout - This option will reflect on the checkout page
- Attach Anonymous Orders by E-mail - Will attach the order to the appropriate customer if the email address matches a customer in the system.
- Show Estimated Shipping Date - Shows 'Estimated Ship Date' edit box and allows application of date to all line items on an Order Edit page.
- Force Login for Registered Users - Users with an active account will be required to login prior to checking out.
- Hide Shipping Address On Non-Shipping Orders - Hides the shipping address on items that are not shipped (e.g. downloadable material).
- Hide Shipping Controls On Non-Shipping Orders - Hides shipping methods at checkout for any non-shipping orders.
- Hide Unshipped/Unpaid For Completed Orders - Hides the unshipped / Unpaid at checkout
- Show and Edit Handling Description - Shows an input for admin users to describe the purpose of the handling fee. E.g. Special freight delivery charges, rush processing, insurance etc.
- Enable Shipping Change on Order Approval - Set whether the shipping gets recalculated when a manager changes an order to approve it.
- Skip Always Require Approval Users in Approval Hierarchy - When enabled, will bypass any order that always requires approval. (They will not receive any notification).
- Leave Approval Message - Lets you leave messages when you approve orders on the storefront.
- Enable Order Source Display - Shows the way that the order was placed, whether through the website (default), purchase order, or telephone.
- Allow Adding Inactive Items via Add New Order - Admin users can add inactive products to an order.
- Default to Public Order Notes - Shows user Private Notes property on New Order page and Order View.
- Default Storefront Order History Range - Sets the default order history range displayed on the user dashboard
- Default Storefront Order Filter - Sets the type of order displayed on the user dashboard (Personal, sub orders, approval needed etc.)
- View Show Order History in Descending Order - With this option checked, allows the user to view orders Newest on top.
- View Order Show Customer's Salesperson - Shows user's salesperson on View Order page.
- Maximum Order Quantity - The highest number of products that that be placed on one order.
- Allow 0 Dollar Orders - This option will allow users to checkout with a $0.00 order total.
- Low Margin Percentage Warning - Displays warning when margin percentage profit threshold is below a certain amount.
- Admin Inventory Policy - The default setting for handling inventory in the admin.
- Last Order Number - Shows the last order number.
- Increment By - Raise the order count by this number for each new order.
- Email New Orders To - Where new orders are emailed.
- Cart Cleanup Last Run - Clears up carts that have been saved on your site
- Cleanup Orders Older Than - Set the amount of days back you want your site to store carts.
- Run Cleanup Every - Set the frequency in days you want your site to run a Cart Cleanup
- Delete Card Data Older than - This is the duration that credit card information is stored on the site. This field cannot be edited.
- Default Date Range - Set up the default date range that you want showing up in the order manager.
- Default Price Mode - Set up the default price mode that you want showing up on the site.
- Show Purchase Order Number in My Account > Order History - Show PO Number on the customer's Order History page (storefront).
- Only Allow Better Price Generic Substitute - This will only display a recommended generic substitute is the substitute has a better price than the current item in the cart.
Order Modified For Approval Settings
- Send Order Modified For Approval Emails: When an order is awaiting approval and gets modified, an email is sent to the person whose email address you list below.
- Send Order Modified For Approval Email Template: This is the email template that will be used. You will need to create an email template to use on your own.
- Order Modified For Approval Recipient: The email address where the order modification email will be sent.
- Redirect To Shopping Cart After Item Is Added - When enabled, this option redirects you to the shopping cart after you add an item to your cart.
- Merge Identical Cart Items - If two or more of the same item are added to the cart then the quantity is updated instead of having multiple duplicate line items listed.
- Item Added To Cart Text - The text that is displayed when an item is added to the cart.
- Display Up Sells When Adding Item To Cart - Displays up sells (upgrades) when a customer adds an item to the cart.
- Maximum Up Sells Displayed - Number of upsell products displayed.
- Display Cross Sells When Adding Item To Cart - Displays cross sells (accessories/products from other categories) when a customer adds an item to the cart.
- Display Cross Sells In Shopping Cart - Displays cross sells on the shopping cart page.
- Display Line Item Count instead of Total Quantity - Show number of line items in cart instead of total items in cart.
- Allow users to add item comments on cart - Gives users the option to add comments/special instructions on the cart page.
- Maximum Line Item Comment Length - Maximum amount of characters allowed for user cart comments before the rest is truncated.
- Line Item Comments Text - Filler message on cart line item textboxes when customer line item comments are enabled.
- Enable Saved Carts - Saves shopping carts for users that are logged in.
- Show Unit of Measure - Displays the UOM in the shopping cart.
- Show Shipping Icon - Displays the shipping method icon in the shopping cart.
- Product List Redirects to Cart - When enabled will redirect the user to the shopping cart after adding item to cart.
- Product List Hide Notes - Hides note section on product list, quick order, wishlists, and favorites.
- Product List Hide Delete All Button - Hides the delete all items button on product lists.
- Add Note When Order Printed - Adds timestamp of when the order was printed.
- Budget Codes on Line Items - Displays budget codes on the line items.
- Hide Get Shipping Rates on Cart - Hides the shipping Rates on the shopping cart page.
- Hide Estimated Shipping Rates - Hides this option on the shopping cart page.
Request for Quote
- Enable RFQ - If enabled, users can request a quote from the shopping cart. To learn more about how RFQ's work click here.
- Email Template Id - This is the email template selection that is sent out to the admin that you designate to handle quotes.
- RFQ Email Recipient - This is the person in your organization who will receive the RFQ
Order Status Codes
- Enable Returns - To enable returns on your site, you would come here and click on the checkbox indicated by the arrow.
- Automatically Approve RMA - To automatically approve an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization), select yes.
- Admin New RMA Email Template - The email template that notifies the admin that there is a new RMA.
- Accepted RMA Email Template - The email template that is sent out to notify the customer that an RMA has been accepted.
- Rejected RMA Email Template - The email template that is sent out to notify the customer that an RMA has been rejected.
- Enable Client New RMA Email Template - With this option enabled, system sends a customer an email when they return an item.
- Client new RMA Template - Email the customer receives when they place a return request.
For a full rundown on Returns, Click here.