Users have the ability to categorize items into several product lists. This is an indispensable feature which allows users that have several departments/people/machines that they order for to organize lists into more manageable categories
There are three types of lists:
- Product List - A listing of products that is used to control what products are relevant or available for sale to certain users.
- Favorites - A compilation of items that the user has either purchased or added.
- Wish lists - These are comprised of items that the user has reserved for future purchase. Once these items are added to the cart, they are removed from the Wishlist.
To access the various Product Lists, click on "Edit Product Lists" tab.
- You can create new products lists for display within the user's account by clicking Add New Product List.
- Edit a list name or description.
- Click on the edit (pencil) icon to assign products to it.
- Delete a Product list.
Product lists can be broken down into 3 types:
- Admin - This list is can only created and edited in the admin. Users will not be able to alter this list in any way from the storefront.
- Account - This list is set up by users who are account owners (main user) to categorize products that can be viewed by their sub-users. This list can be created/edited in the admin. Sub-users do not have the ability to modify this list in any way.
- Personal - This list is for use by the individual user. The user has the ability to change the list as they please. This list can also be created/edited in the admin.
At the bottom of the product list page, you will find the following options:
- Add to Cart
- Delete Selected Items After Adding to Cart
- Remove items
Please note that the last two options will not be available on the admin list. They also will not be available on the account list for sub-users.
- Click on the List Name that you want to assign products to.
- Select the items you want to add from the list on the right.
- Click the Add button to move the selected items to the product list.
To remove items from the list, you simply select the items from the left and click the arrow pointing in the opposite direction.
Changes are saved immediately.
While editing a particular list, you will also have the option to Import/Export the items in the list that you are currently working on.
Importing a product list is very simple. The first step is to assemble your data into a spreadsheet. To get this, you can either create one from scratch, or export your current product lists to edit them.
Below are a list of the required column headers and an explanation for what they do:
- "username" - the username of the user that you want the product list imported under
- "listname" - the name of the product list
- "sku" - The SKU of the product that you want added to the list
The spreadsheet can optionally also contain this column header:
- "listtype" - notates what type of list this is
Below is a sample spreadsheet that shows what yours should look like:
Your Product List(s) do not need to already be in the system. You can create them with the import.
Once your spreadsheet's column headers match ours, and you've got all the data in, you can then use our Product List Importer to import the spreadsheet and create/update your product lists.
Below is a video that demonstrates how to import using the Product List Importer.
Exporting product lists takes very little time and is a straight forward process. Navigate to the Product List Importer/Exporter under People>Import/Export Tools>Product List Import/Export
Your page will look like this:
Click the "Export All Product Lists" button, and you will get a notification that says it is exporting, and when it is done it will be available in the file manager under "/Files/Exports" folder. You can access it by going into Content and Files>File Manager and then navigating to the Exports folder.
Below is a video that demonstrates this process:
To access the product lists from the storefront, simply click on the "Product Lists" option in the My Account section
- This options allows you to create a new product list.
- This is a list of your product lists.
- This option allows you to search for a product within the list that is selected.
- Here is where you would add a SKU to your list.
- This option allows you to move items around into different lists. Simply select the items that you would like to move, select the appropriate list and finally click on "Move". Note: You can not move items into an admin list and as a sub-user, you can not move items into an account list.